A prompt, fair, effective and impartial investigation is good business. Employees frequently go to court because they believe that their employer will not hear or resolve their issues. Our courts have also recognized that a prompt and objective investigation can be an effective defense in employment matters. On the other hand, the lack of an investigation, an ineffective investigation -- or even the perception of a "white wash" -- can have devastating consequences, including financial liability, damage to reputation,
negative impact on employee morale, destruction of confidentiality, lawsuits against the company and the investigator, and the lost opportunity to correct a small problem before it festers and grows.
We approach each investigation without a pre-conceived bias. Our experience provides a practical understanding of the workplace and competing interests. Our in-depth experience with business practices also allows us to conduct more efficient investigations, with less learning curve.
We believe that our expertise and impartiality is particularly helpful where the allegations involve sensitive claims against high-level executives or other politically sensitive concerns. We have investigated complaints ranging from individual allegations of discrimination, harassment and retaliation to claims of systemic discrimination, and allegations of conflicts of interest, bribery and kickbacks, improper marketing activities, failure to disclose information, and financial improprieties.
Types of Investigations
- Sexual harassment and sex discrimination
- Age discrimination and harassment
- Race discrimination and harassment
- National origin and ethnic origin discrimination and harassment
- Disability discrimination, harassment and failure to accommodate
- Religious discrimination, harassment and failure to accommodate
- Conflicts of interest and kickbacks
- Improper sales and marketing activities, including off-label promotion
- Failure to disclosure information to the government
- Other alleged breaches of policy or law
Contact Our Office
We provide a confidential consultation to all clients. To set up a meeting with our experienced Montclair employment attorney, contact us online or call us at 973-233-4985 for an appointment. Evening and weekend appointments are available by request. Our office is located with easy access from the Garden State Parkway.