While employment in New Jersey is generally considered to be "at will," there are many federal, state and local laws and regulations that govern the workplace. As the laws become increasingly complex, it has become increasingly important to seek the advice and services of seasoned attorneys.
We review and negotiate separation packages on behalf of employees. We understand that following your termination, you may be confused about your options, the terms contained in your severance agreement, and the rights that you may be giving up. We can help advise, navigate and negotiate issues concerning salary, benefits, non-competition, non-solicitation, non-disparagement and other contractual issues.
We also zealously litigate the full range of employment law matters that can arise in the
- New Jersey Conscientious Employee Protection Act (CEPA)
- New Jersey Law Against Discrimination (NJLAD), including harassment and discrimination based on sex, age, race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability and retaliation claims
- New Jersey Family Leave Act (NJFLA)
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (including discrimination based on gender, race, color, religion, creed, etc.)
- The Civil Rights Act of 1866 (Section 1981);
- The Equal Pay Act;
- The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA);
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA);
- The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA);\
- The Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA);
- The Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA);
- Breach of contract
- Non-competition agreements
- Violation of public policy
The best litigation is frequently the one that is avoided. We offer proactive, preventative assistance to employers. We prepare and review employment-related policies and manuals to help ensure compliance with federal and state laws.
We also prepare and provide training to management and employees. We also conduct internal investigations, to help prevent matters from festering and proceeding to litigation.
Contact Our Office
We provide a confidential consultation to all clients. To set up a meeting with our experienced Montclair employment attorney, contact us online or call us at 973-233-4985 for an appointment. Evening and weekend appointments are available by request. Our office is located with easy access from the Garden State Parkway.