Unfortunately, scandals have become a commonplace occurrence. These scandals can result in substantial financial penalties, loss of reputation, personal liability (including potential jail time) and significant disruption to the business. While the causes and nature of these scandals may vary, they all have certain things in common: organizations only act through their employees and, in each case employees didn't know or didn't care about the legality of their action, and the employer likewise didn't know or care about these actions.
An effective compliance program should be able to answer the following questions:
- Do our employees, from senior executives on down, know what they should be doing?
- Does the organization know whether its employees are doing what they should?
- Does the organization act appropriately when it discovers that a violation has occurred?
- Can the organization show that it has done the right thing?
Based on our extensive in-house experience in the creation, evolution and day-to-day oversight of a compliance program, we understand the realities of the corporate environment, and we strive to ensure that our advice is balanced, practical and feasible.
We offer the following services:
- Corporate Compliance Program assessment and design
- Risk Assessment tools
- Creation and review of Codes of Conduct
- Creation and review of relevant compliance-related policies and procedures (including issues relating to the PhRMA and AdvaMed codes, the anti-kickback statute, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, off-label promotion and other issues involving interactions with healthcare providers)
- Compliance with the Physician Payment Sunshine Act, as well as other state laws regarding aggregate spend
- Review, advice and assistance with training activities
- Review and creation of monitoring and auditing activities
- Review and creation of pharmaceutical sales and marketing policies and procedures
- Review and creation of pharmaceutical policies on interactions with healthcare providers
- Assistance with state law reporting and aggregate spend activity for pharmaceutical companies
Contact Our Office
We provide a confidential consultation to all clients. To set up a meeting with our experienced Montclair employment attorney, contact us online or call us at 973-233-4985 for an appointment. Evening and weekend appointments are available by request. Our office is located with easy access from the Garden State Parkway.